Gor SL
02. September 2014, 15:57:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Contact Search Calendar Login Register   *
PayPal Donations

Donations of any size and regularity are always welcome to help offset the costs of maintaining this site.
Recent
[Yesterday at 13:54:14]

[31. August 2014, 22:20:26]

[30. August 2014, 23:54:34]

[30. August 2014, 06:58:24]

[30. August 2014, 00:29:38]

[29. August 2014, 22:17:15]

[26. August 2014, 13:16:36]

[25. August 2014, 16:47:25]

[25. August 2014, 16:33:34]

[25. August 2014, 15:06:49]
Calendar
September 2014
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
______ Holidays ______
Sep 8 - Labor Day
links one shouldn't miss
SomaFM commercial free internet radio" border=0 width=150 height=50

Visit the GRC in SecondLife"  border=0 height=187 width=150
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gorean drinks and how to serve them  (Read 28622 times)
Aphris Myoo

Lady Aphris of the Kataii, yearkeeper

« 19. November 2009, 16:57:40 »
I am reading Hunters of Gor now and in the first chapter I read something which struck me.

2 years I have been hounted by kajirae which take 20 minutes to bring a paga because they must do a C ritual, which is seemingly by the books. yes, in some books its described long but in other books its a quick serve.

Quote from: Hunters of Gor
"Paga, Masters?" asked the dark-haired girl, kneeling
beside the table.
Samos, not looking at her, held forth his goblet. The girl
filled the goblet.
I held forth my goblet, and she, too, filled mine.
"Withdraw," said Samos.

So next time I want my wine, paga or what ever fast, fill the cup and move on.

She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Nomads of Gor
Christina Carminucci

« 20. November 2009, 06:15:33 »
 Grin
I'm so glad you brought this up, Aphris!  There is no reason a serve needs to take half an hour, unless someone just loves it.  In the old days of online Gor, before visual and speedy SL....posts were rich with detail, long and loaded with content, because there was no visual support of the scene, and also someone might post very few entries in a day.  Here in SL, why can't we try the simplicity of the books?

One of the men lifted his cup and I hurried to him. I took the cup and filled it . . . then I pressed my lips to his cup as I must, as a slave girl, and handed it to him.
Slave Girl of Gor - Page 89

The meal was served by slave girls in white tunics, each wearing a white-enameled collar. These would be girls in training, some of them perhaps White Silk Girls, being accustomed to the routines and techniques of serving at table.
One of them carried a large pitcher of the diluted Ka-la-na wine and stepped behind us, climbing the two steps to the broad wooden dais on which our tables were set. She bent over my left shoulder woodenly, her body stiff. "Wine, Master?'' she asked.
"Yes," I said, "I will have wine."
She poured the diluted wine into my cup, bowed her head and with a shy smile, backed gracefully down the stairs behind me, then turned and hurried away. . "Of course," said Ho-Tu, "you may not have her tonight, for she is White Silk."
"I understand," I said.
Assassin

See?  Isn't that wonderfully simple?
« Last Edit: 20. November 2009, 06:16:22 by Christina Carminucci » Logged
Aphris Myoo

« 20. November 2009, 09:16:14 »
Grin
I'm so glad you brought this up, Aphris!  There is no reason a serve needs to take half an hour, unless someone just loves it. 

All depends on the situation. When I am alone with a slave girl, she may expresses her emoting skils as she likes. But at our campfire it happened too often lately that we sit with 2 Outriders, 3 Free woman and 2 kajirae. Then the kajirae serve the men, and that takes an hour, the rest is completely ignored and leave with an unsatisfied feeling.

Some kajirae deliberately ignore FW but thats another  thread.

She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Nomads of Gor
Wanita Slade

« 20. November 2009, 15:47:33 »
I agree. I am more able to appreciate the serve of a slave one on one. But if there is a gathering of Free, it is hard to fully take in what the slave is emoting. I've always advised slaves to take in the number of people first before deciding to suddenly put in all the effort and pow! 5 lines of emote suddenly appear on the screen of which most times, it will be ignored as the Free try to keep up with who said or asked what.

Most times, I tend to read back to better appreciate the effort put in by the kajirae but if they do something silly i.e. accident or mischief, it is too late to react.

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." ~ Oscar Wilde ~
Grondar Quartz

« 20. November 2009, 17:38:50 »
Had a lovely serve last night in Minus with Pat Ruby , she is playing a newly captured slave only been in Gor for  few days and  I commanded her to serve me Paga , well she emoted how she hadnt served before , finding a mug , forgetting to wash it out , and not knowing what spices to put in it , I ended up with cinnamon and sugar in my Paga , which was unusual but tasty , I was giggling all the time she was serving ,great fun , we;; done to Pat  Grin

"Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Darkness Vollmar

« 20. November 2009, 19:00:25 »
I think you need to buy that girl brother!  Wink
Grondar Quartz

« 20. November 2009, 23:52:24 »
JD has given her to his son, so she is probably restricted now , pity I had taken a fancy to her

"Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Darkness Vollmar

« 21. November 2009, 00:14:52 »
We could always capture her!
Skye Merchiston

« 24. August 2011, 00:48:42 »
Where in the books does it say to remove the cork with your teeth?
Garrgon Resident

« 24. August 2011, 01:02:54 »
Where in the books does it say to remove the cork with your teeth?

Two quotes for you:

He grinned and put out his hand and I bit the cork from the bottle, which was a very large bottle, and handed it to him.
Assassins

I bit out the cork in the Paga and passed it past Elizabeth to Kamchak, as courtesy demanded. About a third of the bottle was missing when Elizabeth, looking faint at having smelled the beverage, returned it to me.
Nomads

Found on this site: http://goreanreference.50megs.com/basics/paga.html

I don't think anyone has to remove the cork with their teeth. It was done therefore, imo, it's been turned into a "rule" of sorts.
« Last Edit: 24. August 2011, 01:04:04 by Garrgon Resident » Logged
Reven
lives here

"Crazy.... Always"

« 24. August 2011, 01:17:38 »
The removing the cork with teeth was one of the many things that float around on the.. butchered Desire night Drink serve bibles that are .. very off..

“Who in the rainbow can draw the line where the violet tint ends and the orange tint begins? Distinctly we see the difference of the colors, but where exactly does the one first blendingly enter into the other? So with sanity and insanity.”

Maya - Shortysweet Resident
Kaitlin Eiren

Kait - the Drug Lady - Joint Owner of T&S in Ar

« 24. August 2011, 01:26:13 »
Like most things in gor there is more than one way to do anything.  I don't see removing the cork with the mouth/teeth being implausible since it seems even men resorted to doing so at times.

“I shall not,” he said. With his sleen knife he had pried the cork up a bit from the bottle. He then, slowly, with his fingers and teeth, managed to withdraw the cork.
(Hunters of Gor)

That said...the rather enthusiastic performances I have seen using a bottle would be a bit over the top.

Role-players vs Lifestylers: There is no safety in declaring which camp you are in; there are morons and valuable people in either group. ~Dren

Good RP = Brain Sex ~Gorm

Kait: http://ladykait.wordpress.com/
Imperial Ar: http://imperialar.info/blog/
T&S: http://teslikandsiproot.wordpress.com/
Rayzor McAuley

« 24. August 2011, 01:49:03 »

MEAD (chilled)

* Rayzor McAuley shivers

The absence of proof is no proof of absence.
Delaynie Barbosa
lives here

Hochburg

« 24. August 2011, 03:14:18 »

MEAD (chilled)

* Rayzor McAuley shivers

Is there any place to get ice south of Torvaldsland this time of year in order to make that mead chilled. Chilled mead is wrong, but if you want it I need ice!
Caranda Schreiner

« 24. August 2011, 09:57:47 »
Back on the black wine service thing, Havoc is right - there is no such thing as ordering black wine "first slave" and such an instruction would make no sense in the context. 

Here is why: you are sitting ready to be served and the two girls come up to you.  The first girl has the creams and sugars.  She is already in front of you wanting to be told which of these you want and how much of it.  Saying "first slave" to her is meaningless, she is already there, she knows she is the first slave but what she doesnt know is whether you want cream and sugar and how much of each!  What you would do is say, for example, "cream and two sugars".

If on the other hand you don't want any creams or sugars at all then saying "second slave" is an easy way to tell her you don't want anything she has to offer.  She can then move onto another person while the second slave fills your cup with straight black wine.

This is why you see characters in the books say "second slave" but never "first slave".
« Last Edit: 24. August 2011, 10:02:03 by Caranda Schreiner » Logged

It is regarded as right to enslave a natural slave
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: