Gor SL
23. June 2017, 17:30:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Contact Search Calendar Login Register   *
PayPal Donations

Donations of any size and regularity are always welcome to help offset the costs of maintaining this site.
links one shouldn't miss
SomaFM commercial free internet radio" border=0 width=150 height=50

Visit the GRC in SecondLife"  border=0 height=187 width=150
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The collector mentality  (Read 1988 times)
Becabecca

« 14. April 2017, 15:49:25 »
This question isnt just an IC question, it will necessarily involve ooc too.
But Im sure many has experienced it; girls whos masters have so many girls they have little time for one.
In cases like this.. Can it be assumed that it has nothing to do with the girl (ic or ooc), just how the guys are?

I just talked to so many broken hearts that it becomes just a sad thing. And the broken hearts would not come if there was only RP involved, then they would just run off to a slaver or so. I guess normally a guy wouldnt go out of his way to get rid of her either, just let her wait and wait.
Is this so common that its to be expected, or is it just the few bad apples of guys in Gor? Does it relate to the girls expecting too much? Can a guy have multiple girls and caring equally for them (ic as well as ooc)?
Would a btb Gorean man be different, as it seems in sl Gor a slave isn't just a slave, but a short term sort of girlfriend soon to be outfavored by another girl.
Aphris Myoo

Lady Aphris of the Kataii, yearkeeper

« 14. April 2017, 16:29:09 »
A slave collector and then put her in the kitchen as kettle slave  is very btb. Tarl Cabot has plenty of enslaved girls in his palace in Port Kar but is already books away from home, catching new girls all over the planet.

Lady Aphris of the Kataii, yearkeeper
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Nomads of Gor
Nakshydil

« 15. April 2017, 02:08:35 »
Maybe these problems would seldom happen if:

- People who wanted to experience their D/S fantasy started doing in a BDSM sim first, instead of using a role play environment for this purpose (or stayed in a lifestyle Gorean sim)
- People stopped using Gor as a dom(me) / sub dating place.
- People stopped mixing IC and OOC and started considering themselves OOC as equals and role players.

I'm in SL gor since 10 years. Nobody broke my heart. Seriously, if you have a SL partner, so, an OOC relationship, just say no when this one wants to add another sub to his OOC collar if you don't agree, or leave him.

You want that this guy care for you? Stop being a doormat in accepting anything even if you're unhappy. Gor is a fiction. In RL, out of character, both partners in a relationship have a word to say. The sub is not a Gorean kajira who can feel jealousy and hate her rivale, but cannot forbid her master to collar who he wants. In a RL/OOC relationship, even as a sub, you remain a -free- woman and you can leave your dom when you want, when you're not happy in the relationship. An OOC or RL D/S relationship should be a sane and safe one, unlike Gor.

In Gor (the one of the books), a Gorean man, depending on his status and wealth, may own hundreds of slaves of both genders and he is not required to cae for them. He might not even know some of them...
In SL Gor, some of these slaves will be real typists, other NPCs.
Now, if you want this special story for your character, choose a role play partner who seeks the same kind of story. Because of course, if the guy who plays your character's master owns, IC, several slaves, your RP time with him might be limited.

I could tell these "broken heart girls" to show some good sense and remember they are adult women. They have a choice, they have a word to say, they can voice their opinion regarding the OOC relationship and its limits. You accepted an OOC collar? You didn't grant a free pass to your dom for he does anything he wants. Your opinion and comfort matters. So, state and voice your limits. If you want the relationship to be exclusive, it's your right.
After, the OOC relationship will last as long as you will both be happy with each other ; like any relationship, D/S or "vanilla" in RL.

Also, there is nothing wrong for a slave player to be the OOC girl friend of the guy who plays the Gorean master of her character. Absolutely nothing wrong. IC and OOC should be separated, They can be boyfriend/girlfriend or husnabd/wife in OOC and master/slave in Gorean role play and play their role perfectly, by the books.
What happens in OOC is a private matter and is nothing else's business.

So, if you engage in an OOC relationship in SL, Gor or not, set simply the limits of this relationship. And before engaging totally, make sure to take time to learn to know well your partner before totally engaging yourself "heart and soul" in this relationship...
Becabecca

« 16. April 2017, 15:14:58 »
A slave collector and then put her in the kitchen as kettle slave  is very btb. Tarl Cabot has plenty of enslaved girls in his palace in Port Kar but is already books away from home, catching new girls all over the planet.

Yeah, if he has the resources to keep them all (housing even if just a corner to sleep in, food etc), if she is very beautiful or valued in other ways he needs the money to buy her (unless he just found her). Also  in that case he would have other people under him to see to what they do. In sl gor this is often not the case. She wouldnt even get RP opportunites related to who she was owned by. Also this is purely IC, and if all players are on the same page here I dont see the problem with this sort of RP. but ooc its often not handled like that from either player.
ashellia resident

« 19. April 2017, 15:46:16 »
Tal,

In reading this topic, a few things immediately came to mind in response, but as I gave it more thought I realized in some ways we are missing the mark in the replies. 

• By The Book vs. Reality
  • Collectors vs. Hoarders
  • Juggling

By the Book vs. Reality

Now I may offend some of you in what I am about to say, but it's worth saying. Why are you here?  We all have our reasons for exploring and participating in a virtual world, Second Life.  When we do venture in, none of us do so to be alone, not interact, or if we are in an online relationship--sit and wait for that person to come around.  Being 'by the book' is merely a guideline for us as Goreans to apply in a virtual world what we read in the books of Norman.  We cannot, however, be remiss to recognize there is a human aspect when we participate in Second Life, that was absent from the book. Why?--Because they weren't real.  They weren't real people behind computers--they are fictional! (insert huge dramatic gasp here)   Shocked

We can spout, 'well there were collectors in the books' and yes that's true.  There were large chains often according to wealth as previously expressed in a post, but none of those slaves were real people.  I say this because, it's very easy to dismiss that aspect and say that you just have to suck it up and deal with it because you are a slave.  That is a standard pat answer for everything--you're a slave you have to deal with it.  I say -- screw that!  No I'm not a slave as I have been a Free Woman of Gor for a little over three years.  Prior to that, I was kajira for 18.  Reality takes center stage in this thread because it involves real people with real emotions and feelings.  It involves, sadly, some that manipulate and play head games with folks--bad form.   Reality often plays a role in how we conduct ourselves 'by the book.'

Collectors vs. Hoarders

A collector is someone who gathers things for a specific purpose.  A hoarder is someone who collects just to have it, with no real purpose.  There were collectors in Gor yes, but not hoarders.  We find hoarders on every sim.  There is that guy that has a chain of 6 or 8 kajirae and doesn't manage it well.  There is this guy who has to have, with a hoarder mentality, THAT girl and THAT girl and THAT one.  He possesses them without reason or regard or purpose.  These are the ones that do the damage and take the joy out of things for the slave that is ignored.  The hoarder will give full focus to a kajira and make her think he is the best thing since sliced bread, that is, until he has her on the chain.  As the saying goes  "Men want what they can't have."  Need I say more?  A hoarder is a very bad example of what a Gorean should be.  Again, some say--well you're just a slave you have to accept it.. I say.. why?"  Why should a real person sit there at a keyboard and wait for an owner to ignore them?  Yes they can occupy themselves with other role play and doing other things, but let's be honest about this--they crave what they were shown to get them to submit.  It's the old bait and switch--and sad.

Juggling

Juggling is the ability to successfully manage several things at once.  If you cannot do that, then you should own more than one slave, in my opinion.  Know your limitations in role play.  If you can't micromanage or multitask, then don't own a string of slaves.  A chain that works and that is successful is one that the Owner facilitates role play with each member at some point and time.  Includes and not excludes.  It is the responsibility of the Free Person to manage the chain, not the slaves.  Failure to do so will result in drama every time.  Know your limitations and stay within them. 

The question is often asked, why do kajirae act out? They do so because any attention is attention, even if it's being bad, acting out, or being a pain in the butt--they will then and sometimes only then get their Owner's attention.  You want a good kajira?  Train them to be so, invest and spend time with them, not just hoard them.

My two tarsk bits!

Ash

House of Thorne
[HoT] Head Slaver
Nakshydil

« 21. April 2017, 01:32:32 »
You know, I really wonder why people of SL Gor have such an issue with the word "character"... Like "I am not Gorean / a FW / a slave / a FM..., my -character- is Gorean / a FW / a Slave / a FM.. and -I- am a role-player".

Most dramas happen in SL Gor because too many people seem unable to separate themselves from their character. IC / OOC mixing is the perfect recipe for dramas and ruined storylines.

Not to mention that the rule "everyone is equal OOC" doesn't apply in many sims... Just to read the OOC rules....
Xaz Elephas
Global Moderator

« 21. April 2017, 01:35:40 »
You know, I really wonder why people of SL Gor have such an issue with the word "character"... Like "I am not Gorean / a FW / a slave / a FM..., my -character- is Gorean / a FW / a Slave / a FM.. and -I- am a role-player".

Most dramas happen in SL Gor because too many people seem unable to separate themselves from their character. IC / OOC mixing is the perfect recipe for dramas and ruined storylines.

Not to mention that the rule "everyone is equal OOC" doesn't apply in many sims... Just to read the OOC rules....

Well said!

I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: