Gor SL
23. November 2017, 17:26:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Contact Search Calendar Login Register   *
PayPal Donations

Donations of any size and regularity are always welcome to help offset the costs of maintaining this site.
Calendar
November 2017
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
______ Holidays ______
Nov 23 - Thanksgiving
links one shouldn't miss
SomaFM commercial free internet radio" border=0 width=150 height=50

Visit the GRC in SecondLife"  border=0 height=187 width=150
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Passing of Melichor Rau, also known briefly as Drago Dragonheart  (Read 12098 times)
Adoveea Rau

« 30. August 2017, 07:57:34 »
Melichor Rau was my real life husband. He died on Sunday Aug 27, 2017.

For the last 9 years, and why he no longer roleplayed on sl gor , is because all those years he had Alzheimer's and it became complicated with Parkinson disease.
I was the caregiver for my husband. in 2014, he was totally bedridden barely able to move one arm.

Melichor Rau was Ubar of Treve back in 2008, and we gave Carter the sim of Treve after Melichor found himself less and less capable of keeping up with the sim and his memory was going.
For a brief while after that, my husband ran a alt called Drago Dragonheart in the sim of Olni then I finally had to close his account when he could not even use the keys.
He ran a warrior who loved to fight. He enjoyed his roleplay fun tremendously.

For those of you are in SCA, Society of Creative Anachronism, before we retired from SCA,
My husband was Sir Phelan Cathoir-Mor formerly of the Kingdom of Meridies
I am Mistress Rayah Blackstar formerly of the Middle and AEthelmarc/East Kingdom

You can read the story on the gofund that  posted by a very close good friend, Sinclair (Jeff) for us 7 months ago. The update relates the news I've given here.

https://www.gofundme.com/pete-pellegrini-phelan-cathoirmor

« Last Edit: 30. August 2017, 08:01:45 by Adoveea Rau » Logged

Reputation is what others know about you, honor is what you know about yourself
Byron Greenwood

« 30. August 2017, 18:12:16 »
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Adoveea. I recall some fine times in old Treve, and Olni has ever been fair to me. Nunquam obliviscere.

Scar - Assassin of Gor
Elgin Loring, Feb 24, 2009: Byron is one scary bastard, he unnerves me most when he is making an effort NOT to be scary.
Rolf Borkotron

« 31. August 2017, 08:53:40 »
My condolences Adovea. It must have been a very difficult time. I lived in the old Treve for a while, people there were extremely friendly, the storylines were fun and creative and I always felt welcome and at home. A time that must have been incredibly difficult for you, you still created a place that made this a time I look back on fondly.
Darscenii Kohime

Darsie

« 31. August 2017, 11:17:01 »
Sorry for your loss, Adovea.

Frang01
lives here

« 31. August 2017, 23:16:31 »
My deepest heartfelt condolences Dove. Mere words will never ease your pain but perhaps there is some solace to be had knowing his pains are eased. We can only hope one day we will be reunited with our loved ones as they wait patiently for us.
Victor Warilard
Global Moderator

« 01. September 2017, 01:56:48 »
I am so sorry for your loss.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience
Laja DeCuir
Administrator

« 01. September 2017, 06:06:08 »
I am very sorry for your loss, dear Dove. Surely the times passed were difficult to cope with and you still need your strength now. Life can be hard at times and I hope you have as much support around you as you wish and need.
My thoughts are with you!

The essential things in life are seen not with the eyes, but with the heart ... - Antoine de Saint Exupery
leia36

« 01. September 2017, 12:29:58 »
Lady Dove its Celestine, I am so sorry for your loss, I am truly saddened by how many good goreans we have lost recently, and though I never knew him, I do know you and I am so very deeply sorry for your loss.

She emerged from chrysalis, flowering in the storm.
Theoden Resident
Junior Moderator

« 27. September 2017, 02:46:43 »
My condolences Adoveea, I do wish you the best and your late husband as well. The Gorean community is less whenever one passes away.
MingMing Charisma

« 04. October 2017, 06:34:41 »
My deepest condolences Adoveea.

I don't remember if I ever had the chance to met your husband on his main or alt, but I feel for your loss and grieve with you.  It is not easy to lose someone so close to you.  I am sorry that I didn't hear of your loss until now, but I wish you healing and happy memories. 
Melchior Wardell
lives here

« 05. October 2017, 18:48:18 »
My deepest sympathy for your loss. I hope you will find strenght in the memories during these difficult times.

As I lost my husband a few months ago,  I can imagine the feelings that might be mixed due to his illness.

Jacko Stawberry

« 05. October 2017, 23:19:11 »
Lady Dove. I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss and please receive my deepest condolences. I am shocked.
Thom Podlum
Global Moderator

« 18. October 2017, 16:22:26 »
Lady Dove, I am only today reading of your loss and wish to extend my condolences.  Being a care giver is often a thankless task, yet there are untold rewards that come from such dedication.  I wish to celebrate you in the devotion you demonstrated toward your husband.  I wish you peace and memories that will bring you smiles.

Don't ever mistake
my silence for ignorance,
my calmness for acceptance
or my kindness for weakness.
Xaz Elephas
Global Moderator

« 19. October 2017, 01:43:54 »
I was part of Treve when he passed the sim to Carter and stepped down from Ubar.  Everyone was sad to see him step down and pass the sim to Carter. He was a amazing person and I truly enjoyed the time I got to know him. Deepest condolences Dove. When you message me about his passing I couldn't imagine how hard that was for you. Like him you put all of us who know and loved you both in consideration to tell us. I am here always for you.  I contacted those you asked me too and they were deeply as sad as I was and am.   

I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude.
Mercy Riiser

« 05. November 2017, 20:50:58 »
So very sorry to hear. 
« Last Edit: 05. November 2017, 20:56:47 by Mercy Riiser » Logged

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: