Gor SL
22. July 2014, 21:12:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Contact Search Calendar Login Register   *
PayPal Donations

Donations of any size and regularity are always welcome to help offset the costs of maintaining this site.
Recent
[Today at 19:48:45]

[20. July 2014, 23:42:21]

[19. July 2014, 23:26:09]

[19. July 2014, 16:52:57]

[16. July 2014, 20:15:28]

[15. July 2014, 21:44:13]

[15. July 2014, 18:38:20]

[15. July 2014, 18:19:41]

[14. July 2014, 20:33:42]

[13. July 2014, 09:29:45]
links one shouldn't miss
SomaFM commercial free internet radio" border=0 width=150 height=50

Visit the GRC in SecondLife"  border=0 height=187 width=150
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Challenge of Gorean Slavery  (Read 11095 times)
Carter Ebbage
Global Moderator

« 11. January 2010, 18:32:17 »
After a little issue regarding "restricted or unrestricted" imposition on a slave.. I was given this url to read

http://www.gor.net/things/challeng.html

Its a little weighty to go through.. but here are one or two excerpts I found interesting.......

Due to her collar, the female Gorean slave is no longer responsible for her own chastity. Like any other animal in the presence of something nourishing and pleasurable, it is expected that a Gorean slave will be "wet and willing" in the presence of any Gorean male. It is not expected that she will be or should be able to restrain herself if she has not had a recently fulfilling sexual encounter

Most men find it MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to become Gorean, because they have been subject to the same social stereotyping and restraints as women, but because the expectations where not on "their side" of the equation, they are, generally ill-prepared to deal with the reality of an unrestrained female sex drive.

The male fantasy, and this is what we are dealing with, is a double-edged blade. Part One is the unrestrained female, and Gorean ideas and ideals place that within reach for the very first time. Part Two is the insidious idea that somehow he is so sexually superior that all of that sexual energy will be kept for him and him alone. The problem is that men "cannot" have it both ways.

The reason so many men are unable to deal with the Gorean model is that they want BOTH the unrestrained sexual energy and the restrained control that directs that energy to them as the sole beneficiary. The result is that they get NEITHER.

mmmm so basically what this is saying, is..

I want a lustful, sexually liberated unhibited woman, but by imposing exclusivity to just me to cover up my insecurities.. I am basically getting neither

conversely... I have a counter proposition

If I dont impose exclusivity, if I dont show my desire to own her totally and cock block other men... am I not demonstrating my control and imposition to make her mine Huh

"Lo Carter," said he, "Rarius. Civitatis Trevis."
Liliana Aluveaux
lives here

Liliana

« 12. January 2010, 00:53:11 »
cock block eh?

Come check out my blog! Doing fashion and going to places my own way.

http://behindemerald.wordpress.com/
Christina Carminucci

« 12. January 2010, 09:12:00 »
I'm with Carter on this.

Gorean slaves don't say no to use.  If a man wants his slave to be furred by only him -- he belts her or confines her to his home. Period.

I know we're all RPers.  But it bugs the **** out of me when I go to a sim, see a travelling kajira from another sim with her tits oot and her nether regions dripping in emotes like she has a truly bad infection, and her profile simpers "Restricted Whitesilk Slave of Master Nanoballs.  No one may fur me, punish me, correct me or make me feel less than the queen I am"

A Gorean master -- in my opinion -- knows he owns his slaves regardless of who uses them.  He is constant. He is their rock.  Love him or hate him, they know they are his...
« Last Edit: 12. January 2010, 09:13:32 by Christina Carminucci » Logged
Koh Gausman
Junior Moderator

Black Caste Assassin

« 12. January 2010, 12:41:43 »
This is largely the reason why I cringe when I find myself around slaves. If I do see one thats unrestricted, its not so bad. My issues is, there is far more to Gor than the whole Master/Slave theme. Why so much emphasis is placed on it is beyond me.

For slaves the be restricted, yet they are red silks, best not have them running lose.

Men of Gor were known for taking what they wanted, even property of other men, including their rivals. Its part of their mentality that goes with survival of the fittest and strongest.

I wish Sims would adopt a rule that states "Slaves, regardless of the type of ownership upon them, CAN and WILL be used for what ever purpose the free desire, by both the free men (or free women in the case of Kajirus) of the city as well as invited guest (Invited guest meaning those tolerated within the city)."

Those slaves with restrictions will test them out first, find that they hate the place and won't dare return. Their masters will get pissed at the city in question, then get mad at the girl for going there in the first place.

The mark on my forehead is not so much a symbol of who I hunt as it is a testament to my skill. I, as a member of the Black Caste, have not earned this mark easily.

Koh Gausman
giada koba

~sweetlarma~

« 12. January 2010, 16:31:22 »
thank you for posting this article! i will offer another perspective on this issue of restriction et al.  gia is unrestricted and very much unrestrained.  i find men will often shun her avoid her or very nearly run from her in some (certainly not all)  cases.  i still play her as a wanton needy slut that loves men and responds quickly and easily to their attentions.  although it has occurred to me that earthly conditioning would influence men to avoid pure sluts in exchange for the more demure "lady in the streets, freak in the bed" type, i never really considered it may be a desire to control the sexuality of women.  the explanation of why there are more women seeking to be sexually unrestrained in Gor versus men seeking to be sexually unrestrained is very enlightening.  i think the trend towards a more restrained "slut" in SL Gor is further evidence of this.  hope all this translated well to text.  just so you guys know, that as a slut playing a slut  Tongue, i do enjoy the verbal bantering and rejection of my advances.  not complaining.  of course i also enjoy the occasional gorean man ravaging me without restraint.  Grin

~sweetlarma~Gorean and Fantasy Merchandise
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hunters%20III/99/105/23
Liliana Aluveaux
lives here

Liliana

« 12. January 2010, 19:22:03 »
Ok i so agree. Keep ooc out of things and just fur like crazy. Also, slaves are not allowed to deny the Free anything.

Come check out my blog! Doing fashion and going to places my own way.

http://behindemerald.wordpress.com/
Xaz Elephas
Global Moderator

« 14. January 2010, 00:39:30 »
I'm with Carter on this.

Gorean slaves don't say no to use.  If a man wants his slave to be furred by only him -- he belts her or confines her to his home. Period.

I know we're all RPers.  But it bugs the **** out of me when I go to a sim, see a travelling kajira from another sim with her tits oot and her nether regions dripping in emotes like she has a truly bad infection, and her profile simpers "Restricted Whitesilk Slave of Master Nanoballs.  No one may fur me, punish me, correct me or make me feel less than the queen I am"
A Gorean master -- in my opinion -- knows he owns his slaves regardless of who uses them.  He is constant. He is their rock.  Love him or hate him, they know they are his...

That made me laugh not due to the content but just how true that is.  Also red silks restricted running around Gor or even staying to there sims, size DD breast, emoting how there heat is aching to be used, yet she is rectricted and in her profile has a list of 30 protectors.   

Problem with many in Gor is they play with earth thinking and not the Gorean mind set.  If someone does not want there slave used, keep her in your towers. Lock her up.

I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude.
Ruby Umino

« 14. January 2010, 11:16:05 »
I agree totally that a slave cannot so 'no' to a free, if she is walking around unbelted she is open to 'use' in whatever form, no matter what her profile says, should someone decide, she is however free to roleplay her desires, thoughts 'be it a love slave fretful of being used by another, or wanton desire with no attachments to anyone, etc and so forth', its everyones game to express themselves and accept the consequences of what lies ahead..

I do believe that if an Owner wants his slave restricted, which 'did' happen, he should belt her, yes its not great to wear one, but you can find nice ones on sl, and on 'real' Gor, the slaves would probably be kept inside, even though the latter is not condusive to ones enjoyment and I think everyones personal wishes should be taken in to consideration and not penalised for rl feelings.

I remember reading quotes on a slave slipping out of her Owners tent to get something, his idea was that she was for Him, yet she got caught outside by a Free and used swiftly, and it showed her fretfulness at knowing if she got caught she would be in trouble and there would be conflict between the Free etc *please don't ask me to find this quote, I think was in 'Slave Girl', it all adds to fruitful roleplay*.

I do not agree that restricted slaves should be kept in, but yes, they should be belted, I myself have had some great fun having been belted in the past and emoted my complete frustration and distaste for this, done dances around it having not been used for some time, or almost grateful had i been subjected to lengthy sessions by my Owner *winks*, had some roleplay with it, make the most of it, it can work if you put some effort in to it.

But this is sl Gor and its many frustrations.....

To summarize my opinion:-

Restricted in your profile - wear a belt, if you are not wearing one, you are free game to whoever wishes.

It the Owners responsibility to enforce this...

Tongue
rubee xx
Carter Ebbage
Global Moderator

« 14. January 2010, 11:43:46 »
One of the issues i tried to raise was this.

men have this fantasy of this lustful, sexual liberated woman but only want it somehow contained and focussed on them.

by putting restrictions on them "you are only mine" sort of thing.. are they actually then inhibiting the woman and therefore not getting this sexual being and all she can be.

Bit like.. i want this beautiful spirited mare.. but I keep her in the stables all day..

So consequently, because I keep her in the stables and dont let others take her for a ride... I dont actually get what i wanted

"Lo Carter," said he, "Rarius. Civitatis Trevis."
Aphris Myoo

Lady Aphris of the Kataii, yearkeeper

« 14. January 2010, 13:45:34 »
I'm with Carter on this.

For slaves the be restricted, yet they are red silks, best not have them running lose.

Men of Gor were known for taking what they wanted, even property of other men, including their rivals. Its part of their mentality that goes with survival of the fittest and strongest.

For that we have a rule in Omen Valley: if a slave comes in the public slave wagon she is for use of all. If her master does not want that he should belt her or send a guard with her. If not, all men are allowed to grab and use her in the alcoves (even if her profile says "no sex"or "restricted to master nanoballs only".

Lady Aphris of the Kataii, yearkeeper
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Nomads of Gor
Ami Southpaw

Lady Yasa of Vonda

« 14. January 2010, 13:56:40 »
Do not get me wrong on this as I will explain. I am with you all that a slave can not be restricted unless she is belted, guarded and/or kept in the home. However this is SL and the ones that I have come across of late that are restricted are normally a RL reason as to the one line in RP limits or in the main part of the profile. That one reason is of little eyes that are watching them behind the scenes so to speak. Yes they happen to be on a 'Adult' sim but to me Gor is not all about the fur and for those that it is should just get a couple girls/boys on their chain and keep a private home. I myself will put in my profile on rp limits and when i remember to do so put 'No Sex' line in cause my kids are near the computer. My own kajira are not restricted as i do not see the point. They are slave and are for the pleasure of the free. What i do find offensive is the ones that get their rocks off from slicing and dicing their captives but that is a totally different reason of no sex and the childish no rp with. Yes i do have a list and no i dont remember if it is on my profile but i use the list of no rp for one reason.... I do not think myself an elite RPer but one that loves the word rp over fighting and furring with pose balls Wink ... the list is of those that seem to think that they can carve a baby from a preg woman or force a male captive to fur a sleen or some animal and other, to me, non-gorean acts...i mean seriously do you think that Norman would have Tarl, or another of his characters, capture a girl or warrior and force them to attempt to please an animal?...anyhow restrictions are for me a reason that is behind the other persons screen. now if they are white silks , normally what i instruct a new kajira/gorean, it is to get a feel of how the rp goes for them and to see if it is a rp they wish to keep going

So many time i say this 'There is alot we need to think about but truelly there is nothing that we should worry about.'
Jinx Hanly
« 14. January 2010, 14:20:29 »
i could be wrong but i think Carter is talking about the mindset rather than the practical side of things..

as kajira, we're meant to be hot lustful needy responding to all Free Men ... by belting us and locking us away is that actually having a reverse effect...? are we then being stifled and our needs/ desires lessened by only having our Master for that release?  or... does the fact that she relies on him totally for that aspect of her slavery heighten it, assert his control over her so that when it is given it is much more powerful and intense?

I personally dont believe either is right or wrong, it will depend on the individual.. some respond well to being unrestricted ( like gia above said ) others may be more comfortable being restricted and are able to express themselves better in such a role, or enjoy the fact that she must be pleasing to her owner for her to be rewarded.

The problems generally arise when such restrictions are put in place due to OOC feelings of either party, perhaps the slave not wishing to be used by anyone, or the Master's own possessiveness and insecurities.

the other RP aspect of it is...  for instance is would an Ubar allow a peasant to use his slave? in reality a peasant low caste probably wouldnt have access to her, would the Ubar really want to use the slave of a woodcutter?  if we're being realistic their paths probably wouldnt cross... but here on SL on a small sim, they do all the time. 

i think we all agree if you're restricted get a belt on and emote and RP that, otherwise you're fair game..
Rob Hoyer

« 20. January 2010, 09:13:19 »
All slaves are unrestricted is just simply nonsense. All slaves can be used by any free man is not the way it works in Gor. Even slaves that work in taverns and in public slave wagons are restricted by the fact you have to pay for them. Once you pay, the restriction is no longer there. Slaves are property. You do not just use someone elses property without accepting the concequences. That goes for his weapons, his tools, his animals and also his slaves. Remember the boys in the farm town who used the slave of the town's leader? The girl warned them her owner would not be pleased. They had their way with the girl and eventually had to face her owner.

“I have something here of yours,” said Bran Loort.
“I see,” said Thurnus.
“She is a hot little slave,” he said, “juicy and pretty.”
“That is known to me.” said Thurnus.
“She kneels now at my feet,” said Bran Loort.
“I see that, Bran Loort,” said Thumus.
Swiftly Bran Loort then discarded the rope and, with his foot, thrust me to one side. I fell sprawling in the dirt, and turned, lying on one side, to watch.
Bran Loort stood with both hands on his staff, one hand grasped in its center, the other hand, his left, some eighteen inches below the center of the staff. But Thurnus had not moved.
No one stirred in the crowd. I heard the crackle of the torches.
Bran Loort seemed for a moment unsteady. He looked from one of his cohorts to another.
Then he again turned to face Thurnus, who stood, not speaking, at the height of the stairs, some six or seven feet above the level of the ground, in the doorway to his hut.
“I have abused your slave,” said Bran Loort.
“That is what slaves are for,” said Thurnus.
“We took much pleasure in her!” said Bran Loort, angrily.
“Did you find her pleasing?” asked Thurnus.
“Yes,” said Bran Loort. He gripped the long, heavy staff more firmly, standing ready.
“Then,” said Thurnus, “it will not be necessary for me to beat or slay her.”
Bran Loort looked puzzled.
“Surely you know, Bran Loort,” said Thurnus, “it is the duty of a slave girl to be fully and completely pleasing to men. Were she not so she would be subject to severe punishment, including even torture and death, should it be the master’s wish.”
“We took her without your permission,” said Bran Loort.
“In this,” said Thurnus, “you have committed a breach of code.”
“It does not matter to me,” said Bran Loort.
“Neither a plow, nor a bosk, nor a girl may one man take from another, saving with the owner’s saying of it,” quoted Thurnus.
“I do not care,” said Bran Loort.
“What is it, Bran Loort, that separates men from sleen and larls?” asked Thurnus.
“I do not know,” said Bran Loort.
“It is the codes,” said Thurnus.
“The codes are meaningless noises, taught to boys,” said Bran Loort.
“The codes are the wall,” said Thurnus.
“I do not understand,” said Bran Loort.
“It is the codes which separate men from sleen and larls,” said Thurnus. “They are the difference. They are the wall.”
“I do not understand,” said Bran Loort.
“You have left the shelter of the wall, Bran Loort,” said Thurnus.
“Do you threaten me, Thurnus of Tabuk’s Ford?” asked Bran Loort.
“You stand now outside the shelter of the wall,” said Thurnus.
“I do not fear you!” cried Bran Loort.
“Had you asked of me my permission, Bran Loort,” said ‘Thurnus, indicating me with a gesture of his head, “willingly and without thought, gladly, would I have given you temporary master rights over her.”

Clearly, even amongst the peasants there is a code that you do not do this just like that. It will have concequences. If it is roleplayed out that way its great, but, the argmument "she is a slave thus anyone can use" does not fly at all.

I do agree on the endless profile restrictions, they make little sense. It is clear that the slaves can not refuse the use, but the men doing it should be prepared to face the concequences for what they have done. This is all speaking from an IC perspective though and not the OOC drama that surrounds these issues.

Oh and, if a wandering slave walks into a sim without an (NPC) owner and gets caged, raped, collar ripped off and whatnot, i would not have a problem with that. Just another one for the slavers or your own chain. That is the concequence the slave that wanders should accept as well.

« Last Edit: 20. January 2010, 09:15:41 by Rob Hoyer » Logged
Wanita Slade

« 20. January 2010, 16:31:24 »
That was my mindset as well. I think a lot of people get confused with the word "unrestricted". To some it means they can simply help themselves to what they want. However having said that, the Trevan man will simply ignore this thus they are termed as "bandits" and will no doubt have no conscience to the consequences. This entices further roleplay and if it goes without the OOC IM'ing of angst and abuse, it can be very intriguing.

I shan't even go into the ooc restrictions placed upon a slave. For me, there is a bf/gf element etched into the relationship. Enough said. To each his own.

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." ~ Oscar Wilde ~
Rob Hoyer

« 20. January 2010, 16:34:43 »
To each his own.

Exactly. And mute those who will point a finger at you stating how "not gorean" you are. There are also people who never rp anyhting sexual beyond their partners. Their choice. Live with it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: