Gor SL
25. May 2017, 14:18:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Contact Search Calendar Login Register   *
PayPal Donations

Donations of any size and regularity are always welcome to help offset the costs of maintaining this site.
Calendar
May 2017
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
______ Holidays ______
May 29 - Memorial Day
links one shouldn't miss
SomaFM commercial free internet radio" border=0 width=150 height=50

Visit the GRC in SecondLife"  border=0 height=187 width=150
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you want from a Slaver?  (Read 10297 times)
Conall DeCuir

Capt. Dickson, Area 69

« 25. April 2017, 18:52:28 »
@ Nakshydil

Amen!

I so agree with that.

Go to Hell and meet me there
Nakshydil

« 05. May 2017, 10:49:14 »
Welcome, Conall, to the club of those who consider that slave players have no need for a caretaker, are adult and mature people who just have to role play like any other role-player Smiley
severus koskinen
Global Moderator

Serpent™ Assassin of Gor

« 08. May 2017, 21:57:10 »
Just had a strange thought of a slaver talking about the slave he is selling like a used car..

"What about this? Vintage red number?, Still in good condition, only a few scrapes..  Purrs like a dream and rarely lets you down.
Will always get you there in good time..
Had one careful owner that only used it after the weekly shop. 

Arguing with idiots is like playing Kaissa with a Vulo...
No matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
Akane Nacht

« 09. May 2017, 06:57:30 »
Just had a strange thought of a slaver talking about the slave he is selling like a used car..

"What about this? Vintage red number?, Still in good condition, only a few scrapes..  Purrs like a dream and rarely lets you down.

Now that would be my ideal slaver - used car salesman style, dangling the keys to my collar and saying "wanna take 'er for a spin?"  Cool
Arthurine Somerset

Lækný Lofgren Koskinen

« 10. May 2017, 23:03:08 »

Note to Self: Never buy a slave from Severus. Used car salesmen are dodgy and will end up with some old hag who breaks her hip the moment she kneels.

....Actually, I'll take a string of them  Grin
severus koskinen
Global Moderator

Serpent™ Assassin of Gor

« 17. May 2017, 21:28:19 »
I wonder how people would describe themselves?

What about this guy? he is a Killer bargain.
He is a very old model, one of the oldest in fact but don't let that fool you, he can still move faster than you would believe.
And as long as you own this rather antique model he is very good at getting you where you want safely, or removing any other obstacles in your way.
 Undecided

Arguing with idiots is like playing Kaissa with a Vulo...
No matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
Arthurine Somerset

Lækný Lofgren Koskinen

« 20. May 2017, 14:27:44 »
hmm....

She is a racehorse of a car - needs careful handling.
Very reliable when handled right, prone to be difficult when not.
Contains numerous hidden safety devices.
One 'careful' owner and one not so careful, dead, owner.
Xaz Elephas
Global Moderator

« 22. May 2017, 10:19:36 »

+1 Smiley

I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude.
MingMing Charisma

« Yesterday at 22:39:54 »
A few iterations of Port Kars ago, I took on the role of a Slaver.  I'll say it right now, it's exhausting, possibly the next most 'burn-out fast' role in a sim outside of Ubar/Administrator.

I don't claim I was perfect at the job, but I got a lot of compliments, had a large stable/kennel, and actually had to start turning slave players away and referring them to other slavers in-sim, because a dozen at a time was about the maximum I could realistically devote my attention to.

The things I always tried to impart when I brought a slave in to the stable were the following:
1) This is IC and not OOC.  I'm a player same as yourself, helping you fulfill your IC role through my IC role.  I'm not your OOC Dom though, and we're equals OOC.
2) You always have the right OOC to say 'No'.  Even if IC-ly it doesn't always make sense, it's part of my job to help make an OOC objection stick ICly in a reasonable fashion.  A Free can be arbitrary and say no when a slave cannot. 
3) I'll try and get you into RP, not away from RP.  I won't send you away on senseless chores, I'll try and teach what I can if you're new.  In return, help me by telling me what you're looking for, what you like, and doing your part to be proactive in reading, learning, and starting RP with visitors in-sim.

By and large I had some wonderful players come my way back then, Akane in particularly was a joy to have around.  There are of course the occasional trouble players, but I found that most slave roleplayers just want to be respected for their role, to be involved, and feel like they are part of the community OOC and IC.

I think the trouble as others have said though from a slave player's perspective is that it's extremely rare to have realtime roleplay cover the same ground that the books can provide.  In a sim, you're going to have wildly varying numbers of other players around you at any given time, trying to share your time and dialogue with them as best you can, whereas in a book you have exactly the number of people needed to illustrate a given scene.  It's just impractical to roleplay all the training and the scenarios, and the only (less satisfying) solution is to do a 'time passes' offscreen montage.

Anyhow, just my two cents having been in the role before and knowing both the pitfalls and expectations.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: