Gor SL
26. October 2014, 01:31:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Contact Search Calendar Login Register   *
PayPal Donations

Donations of any size and regularity are always welcome to help offset the costs of maintaining this site.
Calendar
October 2014
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
______ Holidays ______
Oct 31 - Halloween
links one shouldn't miss
SomaFM commercial free internet radio" border=0 width=150 height=50

Visit the GRC in SecondLife"  border=0 height=187 width=150
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slave wine and breeding wine  (Read 3861 times)
Betony Baryl

« 12. August 2011, 19:11:55 »
How soon, after consuming a dose, would the body react to the effects of slave wine and breeding wine?

Betony Baryl
Elle Couerblanc
« 12. August 2011, 20:58:52 »
I honestly don't recall a time frame for the potency to take effect.  Anyone else? I am curious now too.
Kaitlin Eiren

Kait - the Drug Lady - Joint Owner of T&S in Ar

« 12. August 2011, 20:59:49 »
How soon, after consuming a dose, would the body react to the effects of slave wine and breeding wine?

Immediately.  It is not the pill and there is no prescribed waiting period in the books in a single instance.  This also includes its base substance of simple sip root.

“You will pay for it in many ways,” I said. “Late tonight,  after your chores are done, if I am not too weary, and after  you have imbibed your slave wine, I shall subject you to a  peremptory usage.” (Players of Gor)

Archon pressed two roots into his hands, and Cabot held them to his face, and took their scent. They were sip root. He was familiar with sip root for it is the active ingredient in slave wine. It is taken raw in the Barrens by the white female slaves of the Red Savages, unless it is decided that they are to be bred. In its raw, unconcentrated state the effects of the root last some months, but gradually dissipate. In the high cities the Caste of Physicians has produced a slave wine whose effects are terminated only by a counter substance, called the Releaser. Sip root is bitter to the taste, and slave wine is not sweetened either. The Releaser, however, is not only palatable, but aromatic and delicious. When it is given to the girl she may, to her dismay and misery, and perhaps shrieking for mercy, expect to be soon sent to the breeding sheds, to be chained and hooded, and crossed with a male slave, who is similarly hooded. Slaves, as other domestic animals, are bred according to the will of the masters. Cabot knelt his gifts, and gave them each a root, which they then, head down, shuddering, slowly, distastefully, chewed and swallowed. In his usage of them he gave them the names Tula and Lana, both common Gorean slave names. After the contenting of the slaves Cabot remained awake. (Kur of Gor)

“Drink this,” said Drusus Rencius.  “What is it?” I asked, startled. It seemed he had produced  this almost by magic. It was a soft, leather botalike flask,  drawn from within his tunic.  “Slave wine,” he said.  “Need I drink that?” I asked, apprehensively. “Unless you have had slave wine,” he said, “I have no  intention of taking you through the streets clad as you are.  Suppose you are raped.”  I put the flask, which he had opened, to my lips. Its  opening was large enough to drink freely from. “It is bitter!” I  said, touching my lips to it.  “It is the standard concentration, and dosage,” he said,  “plus a little more, for assurance. Its effect is indefinite, but it  is normally renewed annually, primarily for symbolic  purposes.” (Kajira of Gor)
« Last Edit: 12. August 2011, 21:01:24 by Kaitlin Eiren » Logged

Role-players vs Lifestylers: There is no safety in declaring which camp you are in; there are morons and valuable people in either group. ~Dren

Good RP = Brain Sex ~Gorm

Kait: http://ladykait.wordpress.com/
Imperial Ar: http://imperialar.info/blog/
T&S: http://teslikandsiproot.wordpress.com/
Linnet Foggarty

OOC "Pancake" IC Linx

« 12. August 2011, 21:06:21 »
Isn't breeding wine more or less a fertility drug though?  Or a slave wine antidote?

I'm not sure if it makes women ovulate or what, but I can't imagine it's effects are necessarily instant in all cases, that one sip and then one sperm and presto baby, is it?

I admit I don't know much about the breeding wine side of it.
« Last Edit: 12. August 2011, 21:23:49 by Linnet Foggarty » Logged

Reven
lives here

"Crazy.... Always"

« 12. August 2011, 21:12:28 »
I alawys thought slave wine was immediate. But breeding wine there was a NC floating round with x amount of days and a percentage chance.

though I dont have book quotes to support any of it. Just going on what I had been rping/used to

“Who in the rainbow can draw the line where the violet tint ends and the orange tint begins? Distinctly we see the difference of the colors, but where exactly does the one first blendingly enter into the other? So with sanity and insanity.”

Maya - Shortysweet Resident
Adoveea Rau
Global Moderator

« 12. August 2011, 21:33:14 »

Holds up cue cards:
Slave wine stops you from being pregnant, totally. Boom. Not a chance of kids.
Breeding wine turns back on the baby making routine. Boom, nature is turned back on, have periods, cramps, pms and babies.

it is not a fertility drug at all, contrary to all those delusions of online stuff. its' called a counter agent to slave wine.

The slave wine card was written up by me, I did it back in 2008 as a lecture to counter the onlinism people were using breeding wine for

Lecture on Slave Wine and Breeding wine:
Slave Wine:
Duration: indefinite
Actions: to prevent pregnancy

Breeding Wine:
Duration: One dosage
Actions: To counteract slave wine ONLY

Sex lecture 101 for Green Caste to their population:
Sperm can live inside you for up to 5 days, and depending on the individual, maybe up to 7 days.
 An egg is capable of being fertilized for 24 hours, then begins to deteriorate.
14 days from last day of the menstral cycle is ovulation day

BIG NOTE FOR ROLEPLAY:
Breeding wine does NOT make people pregnant OR make them more fertile. It just counters the effect of slave wine.

BREEDING WINE QUOTES:
"In the concentrated state, as in slave wine, developed by the caste of physicians, the effect is almost indefinite, usually requiring a releaser for its remission, usually administered to a slave in what is called breeding wine, or "second wine." When this is administered she usually knows that she has been selected for crossing with a handsome male slave."-- Blood Brothers of Gor, pg. 319

I had been given slave wine in the pens, of course, but it was not mine to call that to their attention. Indeed, the matter was undoubtedly noted on my papers. Perhaps these men merely wished to make sure of the matter. Or perhaps they merely wished to have me drink slave wine before them, either for their amusement, or because of he effects of this act, which were not only practical but symbolic. The effect of slave wines, at least those now in general use, seems to be indefinite, but they are commonly renewed annually, perhaps largely for symbolic purposes. One removes the effects of such wine by drinking a “releaser.” The wines themselves could be sweetened, but normally served bitter, which taste, as I understand it, is closer to that of the original root, the sip root, from which they are ultimately derived. The “releaser” or, at least the wine in which it is mixed, the “breeding wine” or “second wine,” is sweet. - Witrness of Gor pg. 189

Teslik
 The active ingredient in the breeding wine, or the "second wine," is a derivative of teslik. In the matter of bitterness of taste there is little to choose from between raw sip root and slave wine, the emulsive qualities of the slave wine being offset to some extent by the strength of the concentrations involved..--Blood Brothers of Gor - 320

SLAVE WINE QUOTES:
Slave wine is bitter, intentionally so.  Its effects lasts for more than a Gorean month.  I did not wish the females to conceive.   A female slave is taken off slave wine only when it is her master's intention to breed her." ---Marauders of Gor, p 23

The active ingredient in the breeding wine, or the "second wine," is a derivative of teslik. In the matter of bitterness of taste there is little to choose from between raw sip root and slave wine, the emulsive qualities of the slave wine being offset to some extent by the strength of the concentrations involved..--Blood Brothers of Gor - 320

Need I drink that? I asked, apprehensively.
Unless you have had slave wine," he said, "I have no intention of taking you through the streets clad as you are. Suppose you are raped." I put the flask, which he had opened, to my lips. Its opening was large enough to drink freely from. "It is bitter!" I said, touching my lips to it. "It is the standard concentration, and dosage," he said, "plus a little more, for assurance.

Its effect is indefinite, but it is normally renewed annually, primarily for symbolic purposes. I could not believe how bitter it was. I had learned from Susan, whom I had once questioned on the matter, the object.

It is prepared from a derivative of sip root. The formula, too, I had learned, at the insistence of masters and slavers, had been improved by the caste of physicians within the last few years. It was now, for most practical purposes, universally effective. Too, as Drusus Rencius bad mentioned, its effects, at least for most practical purposes, lasted indefinitely.---Kajira of Gor, p 130

Have you had your slave wine?" asked Ina. "Yes," I said. This is not really wine, or an alcoholic beverage. It is called slave wine I think for the amusement of the Masters. It is extremely bitter. One draught of the substance is reputed to last until the administration of an appropriate releaser. In spite of this belief however or perhaps in deference to tradition, lingering from earlier times, in which, it seems less reliable slave wines were available, doses of this foul stuff are usually administered to female slaves at regular intervals usually once or twice a year. Some girls rather cynical ones, I suspect speculate that the Masters give it to them more often than necessary just because they enjoy watching them down the terrible stuff.---Dancer of Gor pg 174

Slave wine makes sense in a slave-holding culture such as Gor. The breeding of slaves, like any sort of domestic animals, and particularly valuable ones, is carefully controlled. As a slave, of course, I could be bred, or crossed, when, and however, my master might see fit. It is the same as with other animals.---Dancer of Gor, pp 175

“We make them chew carefully and watch closely to see that they swallow, bit by bit, in small swallows, siproots, as well,” said another.
“We then examine their mouths, forcing them widely open, to determine that they have finished their entire allotment of the root,” said another.
I nodded. Sip roots are extremely bitter. Slave wine, incidentally, is made from sip roots. The slaves of the red savages, like the slaves generally on Gor, would be crossed and bred only as, and precisely as, their masters might choose.--Blood Brothers of Gor - 124

FW wine
    I looked down at the Lady Constantina. She lay on her side, looking up at me. I glanced at her legs, and then I asked her, "Have you had slave wine?" "What is slave wine?" she asked. "It prevents conception," I said. "Slaves are not to breed randomly. Their crossings are to be decided by masters." "I have not had slave wine!" she said. "A pity," I said. "But I have had what I was told," she said, "was the wine of 'the noble free woman'." "Strange," I said, "as you are a slave." "You know I am not a slave!" she whispered. "Ah, yes," I said, "sometimes, when I look at your legs, I forget." "Beast!" she hissed. "As you have had 'the wine of the noble free woman,'" I said, "it does not much matter. The substances, save in the pleasantness of their imbibings, are equivalent. Indeed, both have as their active ingredient sip root." - Swordsmen of Gor

Whereas, as suggested earlier, the effects of slave wine and "the wine of the noble free woman" are identical, the common ingredient being sip root, there is a considerable difference in the two drinks. Slave wine makes no attempt to conceal the bitterness of ground, raw sip root, whereas "the wine of the noble free woman" is flavored, spiced, and sweetened in such a way that it offers no offense to the delicate and more refined sensibility of the free woman. - Swordsmen of Gor

Reputation is what others know about you, honor is what you know about yourself
Kaitlin Eiren

« 12. August 2011, 21:33:49 »
Isn't breeding wine more or less a fertility drug though?  Or a slave wine antidote?

I'm not sure if it makes women ovulate or what, but I can't imagine it's effects are necessarily instant, that one sim and then one sperm and presto baby, is it?

I admit I don't know much about the breeding wine side of it.

Breeding wine is just as instantaneous and only serves to reverse the effects of slave wine.  If no slave wine or free womans sweet wine has been given then breeding wine is not needed.  It is not a fertility drug.

The Releaser, however, is not only palatable, but aromatic and delicious.  When it is given to the girl she may, to her dismay and misery, and perhaps shrieking for mercy, expect to be soon sent to the breeding sheds, to be chained and hooded, and crossed with a male slave, who is similarly hooded. (Kur of Gor)

Slave wines have been developed by the caste of physicians to regulate and control slave breeding. The wines are effective. The effect of most lasts several years, but the dose is commonly renewed annually, often on the evening before the master’s birthday. Slave wines are based on a derivative of the sip root. They are quite bitter, as is thought good for the girls. Free women use, I understand it, a sweetened form of the wines. When one wishes to breed a slave she is administered a releaser. Otherwise she may be put to pleasure frequently, and repeatedly, by any male, or number of males, at any time or place. It is the main thing a slave is for. (Players of Gor)

@Dove
One correction...slave wine does not stop menses in a slave.
« Last Edit: 12. August 2011, 21:35:07 by Kaitlin Eiren » Logged

Role-players vs Lifestylers: There is no safety in declaring which camp you are in; there are morons and valuable people in either group. ~Dren

Adoveea Rau
Global Moderator

« 12. August 2011, 21:52:34 »
Interesting, hmmm really? didn't ever read the slaves having any periods, though the FW do.

Reputation is what others know about you, honor is what you know about yourself
Dren Bernard
« 12. August 2011, 22:09:19 »
The background for the SL Gor storying of breeding wine's effects being NOT immediate was pragmatism: there was a trend at one stage towards some exceedingly lame RP where someone would cap a woman, force her to drink breeding wine and force her to be pregnant while chuckling evilly.

This was of course considered a most un-Gorean way of dealing with captives and so the construct was developed that you simply needed more time to fall fertile after taking breeding wine. This in term then would require the captors to roleplay for several days with their captives, which was outside their attention span.

Breeding wine NOT being immediately effective is a noble and pragmatic but incorrect interpretation of the effects of breeding wine.
Linnet Foggarty

OOC "Pancake" IC Linx

« 12. August 2011, 22:11:54 »
Well well well, what an informative thread.
I never knew a lot of this.  There have always been knowledgeable physicians around me and it's just not an area I ever really researched on my own.

So breeding wine really only reverses or stops the effects of slave wine.
Sort of like going off the birth control pill in RL?

Xaz Elephas
Global Moderator

« 12. August 2011, 22:29:40 »
Interesting, hmmm really? didn't ever read the slaves having any periods, though the FW do.

Same here but it makes since that both would. I always wondered too when slaves are having periods, I guess they wear something down there?
« Last Edit: 12. August 2011, 22:34:06 by Xaz Elephas » Logged

I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude.
pasy namiboo

« 12. August 2011, 22:52:09 »
Well, id slave wine is like the pill then there would still be a menstruation period.. so I guess the next question would be "do you tampax or maxi?". hehehe, sorry I couldn't resist Roll Eyes
Kaitlin Eiren

« 12. August 2011, 23:12:10 »

Same here but it makes since that both would. I always wondered too when slaves are having periods, I guess they wear something down there?

Ok forgive the gross factor but slaves had periods and what better excuse to go to the taverns.  Grin

“You are just in a bad mood,” I said. Such moods were not uncommon with Marcus.
“Perhaps,” he said.
“Does Phoebe have her period?” I asked.
“No,” he said.
“You were out late last night,” I said.
“Yes,” he said.
“Frequenting the taverns?” I asked.
“No,” he said. “I was wandering about.”

In terms of what they did to take care of things this is after the use of the rejuvanation serum to reverse aging.  Gorean Tampons  Cheesy

You bled, as I understand it," he said.
"Yes," she said.  When this had happened she had cried out, and had been alarmed, not understanding what had occurred, it had been so long, and so unexpected. But the women who were now her teachers, three of them, different from before, only one of whom spoke English, and that a broken English, had laughed at her, thinking she must be very stupid. But they had found her water and cloths, that she might clean her leg, and a rag which she might insert into her body. They made her clean the floor of the cell. After all, it was she who had soiled it. Perhaps, surprisingly, the flow had not been negligible, at all, as one might have expected, it beginning again, but had been abundant. She wondered if, while she had been unconscious, it, or things associated with it, had begun again, only she would not then have been aware of such changes in her body. "While we are on such matters," he said, "I would suppose that it was explained to you that you will later be given a particular drink, the name of which is unimportant now, which will temporarily, but indefinitely, preclude any possibility of biological conception on your part?"
"Yes," she said. "But I fail to understand the need for such a drink. I myself can manage such things. I am the mistress of my own body."
He smiled.
"Was it also explained to you that there is another drink, one which one might think of as a releaser of sorts, which will not only restore your possibility of conception, but ready you for it, indeed, prime you for it, so to speak?" (Prize of Gor)

« Last Edit: 12. August 2011, 23:13:21 by Kaitlin Eiren » Logged

Xaz Elephas
Global Moderator

« 12. August 2011, 23:14:20 »
Thank you for posting that Kaitlin.

I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: